The list of good romantic songs is endless as the world of music has been endowed with a lot of them.
Romantic songs are one of the most popular genres of music and a personal favorite of millions of people all across the globe. The songs mentioned here are amazingly expressive, elegant and convey all we have in our hearts for the love of our life. I begin this article by giving information about top 10 romantic songs of all times. Most songs of all time have been picked from various resources and they’re known for their simplicity and the emotions conveyed.
Although, there are many songs that have created history by topping music charts for many years, the following 10 need a special mention.
1. Everything I Do, I Do it For You
Genre – Soft Rock Music.
Singer – Bryan Adams.
Released – 10 June 1991.
Writer(s) – Bryan Adams, Michael Kamen, Robert John “Mutt” Lange.
2. My Heart Will Go On
Genre – Soft Rock.
Singer – Celine Dion.
Released – December 8, 1997.
Writer(s) – James Horner (music), Will Jennings (lyrics).
3. Take My Breath Away
Genre – Pop.
Singer – Band Berlin.
Released – 1986.
Writer(s) – Giorgio Moroder and Tom Whitlock.
4. This I Promise You
Genre – Pop/R&B/Soul.
Singer – N’ Sync.
Released – 2000.
Writer(s) – Richard Marx.
5. Come Away With Me
Genre – Pop, jazz, folk, soul, country.
Singer – Norah Jones.
Released – 2002.
Writer(s) – Norah Jones.
6. Truly Madly Deeply
Genre – Pop, Soft rock.
Singer – Savage Garden.
Released – 1997.
Writer(s) – Darren Hayes, Daniel Jones.
7. Don’t Want to Miss a Thing
Genre – Rock, symphonic rock, pop rock.
Singer – Aerosmith.
Released – 1998.
Writer(s) – Diane Warren.
8. Wicked Games
Genre – Pop rock.
Singer – Chris Isaak.
Released – 1989.
Writer(s) – Chris Isaak.
9. I Just Called To Say I Love You
Genre – R&B, Soul.
Singer – Stevie Wonder.
Released – 1984.
Writer(s) – Stevie Wonder.
10. From This Moment On
Genre – Country pop, soft rock.
Singer – Shania Twain.
Released – 1997.
Writer(s) – Robert John “Mutt” Lange, Shania Twain.
Most Soulful Songs of All Time
These songs have ruled the hearts of people since their release. Be it Bryan Adams, or the Beatles, or the latest sensation Lady Gaga, everyone has been phenomenal in giving a new dimension to love through their singing.
- Careless Whisper – The Carpenters
- Eternal Flame – The Bangles
- You’re the One That I Want – John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John
- She’s Got a Way – Billy Joel
- I Just Want to Be Your Everything – Andy Gibb
- The Way You Look Tonight – Tony Bennett
- What The World Needs Now Is Love – Jackie DeShannon
- Best of My Love – The Emotions
- Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman – Bryan Adams
- If You’re Not the One – Daniel Bedingfield
- I Love You Always Forever – Donna Lewis
- Waiting for You Darling – Rebecca St. James
- Shape of My Heart – Backstreet Boys
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- I Want to Spend My Lifetime Loving You – Marc Anthony & Tina Arena
Most Romantic Songs of 2010
With the year 2010 drawing to an exciting end with many releases and some really romantic songs, the top 10 romantic songs of 2010 have been mentioned here.
- Love the Way You Lie – Eminem
- California Gurls – Katy Perry
- Rude Boy – Rihanna
- Telephone – Lady GaGa
- OMG – Usher
- Your Love is My Drug – Ke$ha
- Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
- Break Your Heart – Taio Cruz
- Nothin’ on You – B.o.B
- ‘Cooler Than Me – Mike Posner
- Not Afraid – Eminem
- Alejandro – Lady Gaga
- Forever – Drake
- Tik Tok – ke$ha
- Whatcha Say – Jason Derulo
- Party in the Usa – Miley Cyrus
- Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z
- You Belong With Me – Taylor Swift
- One Less Lonely Girl – Justin Bieber
- Replay – Iyaz
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Fireflies – Owl City
- No Surprise – Daughtry
- Ignorance – Paramore
- Brick By Boring Brick – Paramore
- Say Aah – Trey Songz
- Kings and Queens – 30 seconds to Mars
- If You Only Knew – ShineDown
- Tie Me Down – New Boyz
- Carry Out – Timbaland ft. Justin Timberlake
- My Chick Bad – Ludacris ft. Nicki Minaj
These songs convey deep meaning and are often the best way to express our love to our partner. So, if you have been thinking of dedicating love songs to your girlfriend or boyfriend, make a mix CD and gift it to him/her to make them feel special. After all, Shakespeare has rightly said, “If music be the food of love, play on..”