The ease of singing has a lot to so with the song you choose. It must lie within a certain range and style, for you to shine through with your performance.
As these songs are meant for ease and comfort more than precision and flair, I’ve decided to give you all the songs I found easy, classified by gender. Female voices are usually higher than males ones, and therefore the classification will also vary accordingly. To find out the songs that are easy for you, all you have to do is judge the range within which you normally speak. To find it out, keep your emotions neutral and just speak as if you’re dictating a grocery list. This level is where your comfort lies, and it’s where your song lies as well.
Most Popular Songs That are Easy to Pick Up
Truly Madly Deeply
It’s easier for girls than most guys. But any guy with a higher-pitched voice can master this one.
Another song that’s sung by a guy. The pitch is such that girls can pick it up far easier than most males.
This song is relatively tougher than the others on the list, but it’s a great one to learn and practice.
You Belong With Me
With the kind of fame Taylor Swift has been gaining lately, her songs are a common choice for most girls.
An excellent song for a duet with another girl. Simple tune and memorable lyrics.
I’ve found Blunt’s voice too high for most guys, but relatively easy for the female singers.
A great example of how simple compositions often lead to easy and fun vocals.
She has a lovely voice that’s not too high and not too low, nicely balanced, just like her songs.
I chose this song because of its steady pace. It provides a doable challenge to beginners and the tune carries the vocals just right.
Picking up on the high-pitch-male-voice rule, this is another great song that a girl could easily sing.
Can’t Help Falling in Love
Very relaxed and smooth song. It’s quite alright if you can’t get Elvis’ vibrato, it sounds great if it’s in pitch.
The song is for the guys with a medium to high pitch. I wouldn’t really suggest it to baritones or bass voices.
Not everyone can get the raspy voice as Chad Kroeger, but it’s definitely not needed. Attitude is more important than key and pitch here.
All I Want is You
It always pays to know a good U2 song, and this one is one of the easier ones. Try it out to see if you can sing it without straining too much.
Girl All the Bad Guys Want
Bowling for Soup
Another high-pitch pop song that’s really easy to pick up.
Your Body is a Wonderland
Real smooth number that doesn’t wander too much in vocal range.
Wish You Were Here
One of the reasons why it’s so popular is because it’s easy to sing and play on the guitar, making it one the most popular song for beginners and karaoke nights.
Ring of Fire
This is a great choice for guys with low voices. Finding a good pop song for baritones is really difficult, while the classic rock songs provide a larger variety and more range.
Lips of an Angel
Meant for the middle tone voice. It does stretch the voice a little in the chorus, but it shouldn’t be too difficult.
Everlong (Acoustic Version)
The acoustic version is much more mellow than the original. Very easy to stay in tune with this song.
More Easy Songs for Girls
- Put Your Records On ~ Corinne Bailey Rae
- Already Gone ~ Kelly Clarkson
- Chain of Fools ~ Vonzell Solomon (American Idol Audition)
- Inseparable ~ Jasmine Trias
- And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going ~ Jennifer Hudson
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun ~ Cyndi Lauper
- Fallin’ For You ~ Colbie Caillat
- Forever Love ~ Anna Nalick
- It’s Raining Men ~ The Weather Girls
- I Am Woman ~ Helen Reddy
- This One’s For the Ladies ~ Martina McBride
- We are Family ~ Sister Sledge
- Bad Girls ~ Donna Summer
- Thank Heaven for Little Girls ~ Maurice Chevalier
- Material Girl ~ Madonna
- Feels Like I’m In Love ~ Kelly Marie
- You Don’t Own Me ~ Lesley Gore
- Just a Girl ~ No Doubt
- Breathe (2 AM) ~ Anna Nalick
- Broken Wing ~ Martina McBride
More Easy Songs for Guys
- 100 Years ~ Five For Fighting
- I Need You ~ Mark Bautista
- Private Eyes ~ Hall and Oates
- When a Man Loves a Woman ~ Otis Redding
- Fools Rush In ~ Elvis Presley
- Unchained Melodies ~ Righteous Brothers
- Hero ~ Enrique Iglesias
- If Tomorrow Never Comes ~ Garth Brooks
- This Love ~ The Veronicas
- She Will Be Loved ~ Maroon 5
- Born in the U.S.A. ~ Bruce Springsteen
- Sweet Caroline ~ Neil Diamond
- Sweet Home Alabama ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Friends in The Low Places ~ Garth Brooks
- Cecilia ~ Simon & Garfunkel
- Don’t Stop Believing ~ Journey
- Born to be Wild ~ Steppenwolf
- Hotel California ~ The Eagles
- The Passenger ~ Iggy Pop
- Everything I do for You ~ Bryan Adams
And there you have ’em. I am sure seeing these names on this list will bring all you music lovers back those memories and will make you listen and sing these songs again and again. Enjoy!