In this age of electronic and techno music, most of us have lost touch with acoustics. Here are some acoustic songs to learn, that remind us of a time when the golden touch of acoustics ruled popular music. Read these to learn more about them…
Music is the wine which inspires one to new generative processes, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for mankind and makes them spiritually drunken.
~ Ludwig van Beethoven
Acoustics is the science of bending sounds into notes and melodies to produce musical effects. Acoustic music is that genre of music, wherein the musical compositions comprise either completely predominant instrumental music, or sometimes accompanied by vocals. Such musical instruments must produce the notes and melodies by employing solely acoustic means and refrain from the use of electronic means for the same. In this era of electronics, even music hasn’t been spared from its grips.
Electronic keyboards and electronic music mixing have captured the scene from original traditional acoustic instruments like guitar, violin, synthesizer, etc. Let’s take a look at some amazing acoustic songs to learn, that would take us on a tour to the times when any young man worth his years could sweep any lass worth her curls off her feet with a spring in his step, a smile on his face and a song on his lips, all the while teasing the strings of his acoustic guitar….
Best Acoustic Songs that You Can Learn
Given below is a list of some great acoustic songs by some of the music industry’s choicest musicians and music bands. Learn how to play them on an acoustic instrument to have constructive fun in times of accompaniment as well as during spells of solitude.
- The Special Two ~ Missy Higgins
- Underneath Your Clothes (acoustic version) ~ Shakira
- Out of Reach ~ Get Up Kids
- Luckiest ~ Ben Luckiest
- My Immortal (Amy Lee’s acoustic and piano version) ~ Evanescence
- Intervention ~ Arcade Fire
- Yesterday ~ The Beatles
- Paperweight ~ Joshua Radin
- Lucky ~ Jason Mraz
- Freak on a Leash (acoustic version) ~ Korn featuring Amy Lee
- No One Has to Know ~ Eliot Morris
- Elephant ~ Damien Rice
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn ~ Poison
Easy Acoustic Songs to Learn
Following are some simple and easy acoustic songs that you can pick up and, with a little practice, perform for a live audience. Select a couple of these best acoustic songs to practice for performing in that upcoming Christmas get-together at your place this winter!
- Wonderful Tonight ~ Eric Clapton
- You’re Beautiful ~ James Blunt
- I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You ~ Elvis Presley
- Truly Madly Deeply ~ Savage Garden
- All I Want is You ~ U2
- Your Body is a Wonderland ~ John Mayer
- How Deep is Your Love ~ Bee Gees
- Love Will Keep Us Alive ~ Eagles
- Bridge over Troubled Water ~ Simon and Garfunkel
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love ~ Queen
- Let There Be Love ~ Oasis
- Blackbird ~ The Beatles
- You’re Not Coming Home Tonight ~ First Aid Kit
- Better Together ~ Jack Johnson
- Loose Lips ~ Kimya Dawson
Acoustic Guitar Songs to Learn
Here is a list of top acoustic guitar songs that you must consider picking up on your instrument, if you have one. These acoustic guitar songs make for great performance during social occasions and on camping trips with friends.
- A Horse With no Name ~ America
- Feeling Alright ~ David Mason
- For What It’s Worth ~ Buffalo Springfield
- Knocking on Heaven’s Doors ~ Bob Dylan
- Redemption Song ~ Bob Marley
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) ~ Green Day
- American Pie ~ Don McLean
- Banana Pancakes ~ Jack Johnson
- Thick as a Brick ~ Jethro Tull
- Wild World ~ Cat Stevens
- Yellow ~ Coldplay
- I’ll Follow You Into The Dark ~ Death Cab For Cutie
- Highway Star ~ Deep Purple
- Hey There Delila ~ Plain white T’s
- November Rain ~ Guns N’ Roses
- Everything I do ~ Bryan Adams
- Fade to Black ~ Metallica
These are some top acoustic songs that are worth picking up. With a little practice, you would be able to pick up most of these good acoustic songs on your instrument. If you have a good singing voice, you may vocally accompany your instrumental rendition to hold the audience spellbound with your musical finesse and charge the festive environment with melody.