Music always makes you feel nice when you are sad. Find some of the saddest songs which many of us can relate to, when life’s not fun!
The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy. ~ Jim Rohn
They say there are two sides to everything, and tears are no exception to this. They run down your cheeks when you are happy, but more when you are sad. But after those tears flood, stream down and then empty our eyes, there’s a moment when we often just wish if we could change the situation we’re in, to make life easier.
Well, since none of us have perfect lives, there’s always a reason that makes us cry! But life surely doesn’t stop there, as you have to decide to make it easier for yourself and hold on. I guess what many of us sort to, usually, is listen to some sad songs which we relate to, and try comforting ourselves. There are many such comforting songs that will definitely help take that pinch away from your heart and make you feel better. I have taken the liberty to put together a few of these saddest songs in the list below, take a look.
Songs to Listen to When Sad
When you feel lonely, unloved, rejected, when you are surrounded by doubt and insecurities, when you can’t help missing someone, or when there’s complete darkness in front of your eyes, all you need is peace of mind. Even though there are many ways of doing this, the easiest you can do is listen to some comforting music. Here’s a list of songs with some inspirational and uplifting lyrics, which might help you get over your pain and take the first few steps to move on.
Top 10 Songs
In the list mentioned below, we have the songs which will surely make your heart flow with emotion. So take your picks from the songs put together just for you.
- Always Something There to Remind Me – Naked Eyes
- Can’t Smile Without You – Barry Manilow
- Death is Not the End – Bob Dylan
- Here Without You – 3 Doors Down
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
- November Rain – Guns N Roses
- Stan – Eminem
- How Do I Live Without You – LeAnn Rimes
- Candle in the Wind – Elton John
- Fake Plastic Trees – Radiohead
Songs When You’re Feeling Down
Well, there are more heart whelming tracks to describe emotions of loss and regret which we often experience because of life, love, death and many other reasons. So, if you are down in life trying to figure out what to do, lend an ear to these songs compiled in the list below just for you.
- A Thousand Hours – The Cure
- Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone – Bill Withers
- And So it Goes – Billy Joel
- Careless Whisper – George Michael
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Cry Me a River – Justin Timberlake
- Don’t Leave Me This Way – Thelma Houston
- Everybody Hurts – R.E.M.
- Falls Apart – Hurt
- Gone Away – The Offspring
- Goodbye – Celine Dion
- Goodbye to You – Michelle Branch
- He Stopped Loving Her Today – George Jones
- I Cry – Westlife
- I Never Dreamed You’d Leave in Summer – Stevie Wonder
- In This River – Black Label Society
- It Must Have Been Love – Roxette
- It’s Too Late – Carole King
- Just Until Sundown – Forever Seems Forever
- Last Kiss – J Frank Wilson
- Love on the Rocks – Neil Diamond
- Lucky Man – ELP
- Mad World – Gary Jules
- My Immortal – Evanescence
- Never is a Promise – Fiona Apple
- Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor
- One – Metallica
- Savin’ Me – Nickleback
- Sacrifice – Elton John
- Soot and Stars – Smashing Pumpkins
- Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
- Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
- The End of the World – Skeeter Davis
- The Freshman – Verve Pipe
- The Promise – Tracy Chapman
- This Bitter Pill – Dashboard Confessional
- Time – Pink Floyd
- Tonight I Wanna Cry – Keith Urban
- Unbreak My Heart – Toni Braxton
- Vincent – Don McLean
- With or Without You – U2
- Yesterday – The Beatles
- You Were Meant for Me – Jewel
- You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling – Righteous Brothers
Hope you found some choices from the songs mentioned above to make you feel better and liberated. Life is a hard journey and each of us have our own baggage to carry. But if you share the burden with someone traveling with you, the load is always lighter than you think!