Are you trying to mix your songs at home and create some groovy music? You can learn how to mix songs together at your own home on your own computer. This Buzzle article will give you some music mixing tips, that you can try to know more on how to remix songs. There are many music mixing software available on the Internet that you can try to mix songs together. Let us see some of the music mixing software and learn how to mix songs together.
This is simple music mixing software that is included with a decently sized library that allows you to mix many songs together. You need to:
- Add a song by clicking on the 'Add song' button.
- You will see a panel pop up that splits songs in other categories like 'keyboard' or 'sound effect'.
- You need to preview all the tracks before finding one of your choice, as there is no search box and tracks are not named according to their sound.
- You can add the desired song by clicking on the + sign next to song name.
- You need to click the beats that you want to hear.
- You can delete tracks, change volume of each track, and even control the speaker (right or left) through which you want to hear the track.
Jam Glue is a music mixing software with a variety of features. It has a search function and a fantastic option for searching songs by the approximate song tempo. You need to be a registered user to upload a .mp3, .wav, or .wma file, or import audio from an URL. There is a statement that warns the user not to upload any copyrighted material though.
When editing in the Jam Glue, the steps that you need to follow are similar to DubStep. You need to:
- Click 'Add Stuff To This Mix' and search for the song title.
- Play the selection and when you are sure it plays well, click 'Add'.
- Type in the song title and find a place in the instrumental to place the song.
- Move the song title by click and drag. You can resize the file with the help of little black arrows on either side.
- To make the instrument longer, click on 'Duplicate Clip'.
- Save the file and then click 'Go to Mix Details'.
- You need to rename you remix song and click 'Publish' on the next page.
Once you have tried the above two music mixing software, and feel DJing is indeed your forte, then move on to audacity. This is a free audio editing and recording software that allows you to edit radio pieces, audio clips and mix songs together. To mix songs together in audacity, you need to:
- Record songs or song sections into separate files.
- Create a new file by clicking 'File' and then 'New'.
- Navigate to the 'Project' button and then import the audio by clicking on 'Import Audio'.
- Choose the songs you want from the file you have saved them. This will give you many levels.
- Hit the space bar button on your keyboard to play the files. You can even listen to each song individually by clicking the 'Mute' button on the left of the other songs.
- Using the 'Selection Tool', highlight the song section you want to repeat and cut or copy it.
- You can create another level by navigating to 'Project' and clicking 'New Audio Track'.
- You need to move your cursor to the 'Generate' tab and then click on 'Silence' with the new track selected.
- Estimate the amount of silence. If you are not confident about the amount of silence, just put 600 seconds for 10 minutes.
- Select the audio you want to cut and paste in your selection. Just cut-paste your selections where you want in the blank audio tracks.
- You can adjust the levels of audio tracks by clicking 'Envelope Tool' (button with two white triangles pushing a purple line) on the toolbar. Once selected, it will highlight the tracks with purple lines.
- You can fade in or out the area by making two points around the area you want, by clicking on the purple lines.
- Pull the lines up to 'fade in' or increase the sound, pull the lines down to 'fade out' or decrease the volume.
- You can highlight the portion of the song and click 'Delete' if you do not want it.
- Once you have successfully completed remixing the song, you can save it as an MP3 file by clicking on 'File' and selecting 'Export as MP3'.
- The output file contains the 'mix' of both tracks.
DJ Mixer Pro
Are you looking for information on how to mix songs together on iPhone, iPod or iPad? If yes, then you need to download DJ Mixer Pro. On iPod Touch or iPhone, you need to:
- Tap on playlist and select a song.
- Tap on load to mixer channel1.
- You need to tap on another song you wish to mix in the playlist.
- You should now tap on load to mixer channel 2.
- Once these steps are down, you will find a Mixer Button in the bottom of the screen.
- You can now tap on the playback buttons to play your song, pause or skip tracks.
- Using the cross-fader, you can mix the songs in Channel 1 and Channel 2.
- Tap Music Player found in the main menu screen.
- Use the play, pause and skip track controls and use the cross-fader to mix between tracks.
- If you wish, you can even set it to carry out Auto Mixing.
- All you need to do is create your favorite playlist.
- Check on Automix check box you will observe on the top left of the screen.
- Play and groove to automatically mixed songs.
- Tap on the settings on the top right side of the Music Player or the DJ Mixer screen. Select Automix and play your songs.