The piano is considered as a unique and valuable musical instrument as. It has a keyboard that usually encompasses as much as 8 octaves, it can differ in shape, height, length but its sound remains inimitable due to its calming reverberation that invites relaxation. It also makes a great companion for other solo instruments like violin, flute, guitar, etc.
● "I see the player piano as the grandfather of the computer, the ancestor of the entire nightmare we live in, the birth of the binary world where there is no option other than yes or no and where there is no refuge." ― William Gaddis
● "A lawyer's relationship to justice and wisdom is on a par with a piano tuner's relationship to a concert. He neither composes the music, nor interprets it-he merely keeps the machinery running." ― Lucille Kallen
● "The piano is the social instrument par excellence... drawing-room furniture, a sign of bourgeois prosperity, the most massive of the devices by which the young are tortured in the name of education and the grown-up in the name of entertainment." ― Jacques Barzun
● "One man gets nothing but discord out of a piano; another gets harmony. No one claims the piano is at fault. Life is about the same. The discord is there, and the harmony is there. Study to play it correctly, and it will give forth the beauty; play it falsely, and it will give forth the ugliness. Life is not at fault." ― Anonymous
● "Love is a piano dropped from a fourth story window, and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time." ― Ani Difranco
● "To say to the painter that Nature is to be taken as she is, is to say to the player that he may sit on the piano." ― James Whistler